Via prep By means of, by way of. From the Latin for 'way' or 'path'.
Tribe n. A group of people sharing an occupation, interest or habit
What is Viatribe?
Viatribe is a competitive community of travel writers, reviewing places to eat, sleep and drink around the world. Using Viatribe.com guests can read reviews of some of the best - and worst - bars, restaurants and hotels on the planet, whilst members can add their own reviews and compete to be the top writer on the Viatribe website.
How do I join Viatribe?
Currently we are spreading the word to a select minority of talented writers, and inviting them to join Viatribe. If you have heard about the Viatribe community then and want to be a part of this exciting project then you can become a member by going to our registration page - it takes less than a minute to sign up.
We are inviting all our new members to help shape the future of Viatribe, by contributing ideas, suggestions and feedback to make Viatribe a democratic tool for its members. The earlier you join up, the more say you'll have in shaping the direction of the project.
Why join Viatribe?
The main reasons for joining Viatribe are a love of travelling, and a love of writing. We have built Viatribe technology, so that our members can take pride in creating their own portfolio of restaurant, bar and hotel reviews from any country around the world, and to publish their reviews online. We have specifically built Viatribe to be easy to use, and our members can publish a new review in three easy steps. After you've registered as a member, click 'add review' to see just how easy it is.
We know that there are hundreds of travel portals to choose from on the web, so we've compiled five key reasons why joining Viatribe kicks virtual @ss.
1. Viatribe gives travel writers the chance to earn money by contributing to the site. The more you contribute the more you earn... More to be revealed soon!
2. Viatribe encourages quality travel writing. We are approaching intelligent and talented travel writers, offering tips on how to write good reviews, and giving our members the chance to rate one another's work. If you're serious about travel writing Viatribe is the online community for you!
3. Viatribe has a slick and functional design. No pop ups, no distracting adverts, no hotel bookings, no thousands of links. The emphasis is on accessing, and creating, information (not on making money).
4. Viatribe is search engine friendly. When you write a review it won't be buried in the archives of the world wide web, never to be seen again, but will be accessible for all to read. After all what is a writer without an audience?
5. Viatribe is an organic website. It is living and breathing, and we are making changes everyday: revising, improving and evolving the site. Our members' needs are the catalyst for this constant evolution, so email us with your suggestions and feedback. Want a new feature added? Think an old feature could be improved? Spotted a bug (surely not!)? Just drop us a line... We are building this website for you!
Who built Viatribe?
Viatribe was built, and is being developed, by a young enthusiastic international team based in Krakow, Poland. After six years of working in the online travel portals industry we have taken our experience to create a worldwide travel site, which we believe is better than anything else out there. We are travellers, we are writers, and we are internet users... and with your help we want to built a website that we can all be part of and be proud of.
The Future of Viatribe...
Photo diaries, travel journals, feature articles, monthly prizes, responsive new technology... These are just a few new features and functions that Viatribe will reveal over the coming months. However for the main part Viatribe's future has yet to be decided... What do you want from Viatribe? Let us know...